JMIR Publications is pleased to announce that JMIR Human Factors, indexed in the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), has been given an inaugural Journal Impact Factor (JIF) of 2.7 from the 2023 Journal Citation Reports™ (JCR). This is a great achievement for everyone involved and continues to demonstrate the importance of JMIR Human Factors’ contribution to the scientific community and progressing open science and digital health.
Born and published open access since 2014, JMIR Human Factors has been included among the world's best journals in the Health Care Sciences and Services (ESCI) category and Medical Informatics (ESCI) category.
Highly cited articles from JMIR Human Factors include:
- Patient Satisfaction and Trust in Telemedicine During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Retrospective Observational Study
- Patients’ Utilization and Perception of an Artificial Intelligence–Based Symptom Assessment and Advice Technology in a British Primary Care Waiting Room: Exploratory Pilot Study
- Digitally Disconnected: Qualitative Study of Patient Perspectives on the Digital Divide and Potential Solutions
In total, 14 out of the 34 open access journals published by JMIR Publications now have a JIF. This represents a 133% increase compared to last year. Additionally, we have launched more journals in the past two years that are not yet eligible for metrics, such as JIF and CiteScore.
Our journals with inaugural Impact Factors include:
o JMIR Aging - 4.9
o JMIR Cancer - 2.8
o JMIR Formative Research - 2.2
o JMIR Human Factors - 2.7
o JMIR Medical Education - 3.6
o JMIR Pediatrics and Parenting - 3.7
o JMIR Research Protocols - 1.7
JMIR Publications' flagship and tenured journals continue to remain strong:
- Our flagship journal Journal of Medical Internet Research has gone from 7.1 to 7.4
- JMIR Medical Informatics remains at 3.2
- JMIR Mental Health has gone from 6.3 to 5.2
- JMIR mHealth and uHealth has gone from 4.9 to 5
- JMIR Public Health and Surveillance has gone from 14.6 to 8.5
- JMIR Serious Games has gone from 3.3 to 4
Discover JMIR Publications complete open access journal portfolio and explore the communities progressing digital health.
Together, we are bringing research in healthcare sciences and services to the forefront. Submit your paper now to JMIR Human Factors.